Swipe through the latest business and wealth clues with our android app

US shuts doors on foreign students holding F-1 and M-1 visas. What are these student visas?

Non-immigrant visas are issued to foreign nationals wishing to enter the US on a temporary basis - for tourism, medical treatment, business, study, among others. There are two types of visa to study in the US: F and M visas. F-1 and M-1 visas are given to foreign nationals who are pursuing academic or vocational studies in the United States. F-1 visa students undergo academic studies like academic program or full-time degree programs at universities, colleges, primary and secondary schools in the US. M-1 visa is issued to a student who is going to attend a non-academic or vocational school.

Original Clues by NC News date : 7 Jul 2020, Tuesday

©2020 TheNewsClues